Case Study: My Experience With

Where to Look for Info on Property Lines

It is always assumed that the fences, shrubberies and other demarcations on properties are their legal property lines. No one ever questions them, assuming they are accurate representations. For most of them, those markers are no accurate. You, therefore, need to confirm where the accurate lines are, more so before you embark on any permanent project. As much as you can, avoid any legal issues that come from using inaccurate information. Here are the right steps to find, mark and protect your property lines.
The legal paperwork is the true representation of your property' dimensions. What we see around as the physical markers are only interpretations of the paperwork at hand. With this guide, you have a better chance of finding out where the truth lies.
You can check out the assessor's website. Assessors do the segmentation of properties. They, therefore, have the right records for all properties around yours, including yours. They keep their records in an official government website. You only need to know how to read those maps, since they are quite extensive and detailed.
There is also the plat map. It can be hard to access the assessor's maps. Good thing is when you were buying the property; you were also given a copy of the plat map. If you never got it, check at the local surveyor's office.
The deed may also have useful info. Most recent home constructions include a written property lines description. There will be accurate depictions of the corners of the property. You, however, can only use this option for new properties, as older ones rarely had those descriptions.
There are also the surveyors. They will know how to find out more about the property lines. They will charge you for their services, but you will have the best information for your needs. You need to get one with liability insurance, in case what they tell you is misleading info.
After finding out about those lines, mark them with physical boundaries. A good one is a fence. You should hire professional industrial fencing contractors to see to it that it is done right.
You also need to put in place above-ground markers. Durable metal rods are the best since wooden ones do not last as long. There are also the underground metal pins. They will serve the same as the above-ground markers, but not cause a tripping hazard. Let a professional do it as they can steer clear of municipal power lines.
Take time to find out about your property lines. These steps help you have the correct info. You can visit this site to discover more about how to meet such legal expectations.

Leave a reply